Hussey College Warri started as only Boys Secondary School (Single Sex) at its inception on the 3rd of February 1947. It became a mixed Secondary School in 1960. The School was reverted to only Boys School in 2001 and renamed Hussey Boys Model College. It was finally reverted to mixed Secondary School in 2014. Hussey College Warri was founded by three prominent Itsekiri personalities late Chief Ogbemi Newe Rewane, the late Olegbotsere of Warri, late Chief Alfred Rewane and late Chief Elliot Nekapenomi Andrew Begho. Hussey College Warri has seven competitive Houses, four boys houses, and three girls houses. Boys:Dore(Red), Ikoli (Yellow), Nana (Green), and Serville Dawes (Blue) Girls: Ejimogho (Yellow) lye (Red) and Otsowode (Blue). The pioneer Principal was Mr. V. A. Savage while the first indigenous Principal was Chief E. A. Adeyemi.